Welcome to my Blog!

Please follow my blog to track my progress as I train with Team in Training to run in the San Antonio Rock and Roll half marathon while fundraising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! My goal is to raise $3000 by October 29, 2010.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Simply Amazing....

So planning a silent auction is a lot of work! I spend practically every extra moment that is not spent working or training for the marathon trying to get silent auction donations. I call businesses during my lunch breaks, I email them at night before bed, and I visit them on the weekends.

Most companies have been very nice and supportive. Most of them are excited to help out. There were a few rude ones but I guess it was because they get so many requests. Still, don't take it out on me, I could be a future client...

Here are a few of the donations I got this week!!!


I am also hoping to get another hotel stay, airline tickets, Spurs merchandise and some more unique items that will appeal to a wide demographic.

In return for the business' support, I am going to put an ad or press release in the San Antonio Express News, publically thanking them. The comapnies that donate do so to support a good cause but also to drive business. So please, if you are in San Antonio, patronize my donors!

As busy as it is making all these calls, etc - it has been a lot of fun. It is so empowering; in fact, at times it seems surreal. I often ask myself, "is this me? am I really doing this?" I mean, I am training for a marathon and I am putting together the biggest event I have ever planned. I am really amazed at what I am doing....

So, speaking of being amazed, I ran 12 miles this past Saturday. It was crazy! Just like last week, I got very stiff around mile 8 or 9. I kept on pushing and I made it but it was rough. We ran through the Texas Hill Country again. Man, those hills were killer. If anyone tries to tell me that Texas is all flat, well I have the leg muscles to prove them wrong!!

Regarding the run, I did not recover as quickly this weekend as I did last weekend. Mainly, I think it was because I was not able to take an ice bath. I went to my parent's house after the run as I had errands to run on their side of town so I didn't drive all the way back home. The problem is, they don't have a bathtub in the guest bathroom, just a really big shower, so I laid on the bottom of the shower and had the water running on me as cold as possible. It didn't help too much as I was sore the whole day and into Sunday. Doing ten miles again this Saturday - definately taking an Ice Bath.

I am also going to Austin this weekend with some of my single lady friends. I am very excited as I have never been to Austin and I hear that 6th street is awesome - so I am really looking forward to it.

Oh, well, that is all for now. Thanks for reading my blog and please, check out my donors :-)

Til next time,


Julia


Training Log for Week Ten:

  • Mon, August 9: Ran 2.26 miles at the Phil Hardberger park in 32 minutes (14 min/mile)
  • Thurs, August 12: Ran 4.02 miles at the San Antonio Riverwalk in 50 minutes (13 min/mile).
  • Sat: August 14: Ran 12.1 miles though La Cantera. Finished in 3 Hours and 2 minutes (15 min/mile).


No comments:

Post a Comment