Welcome to my Blog!

Please follow my blog to track my progress as I train with Team in Training to run in the San Antonio Rock and Roll half marathon while fundraising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! My goal is to raise $3000 by October 29, 2010.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

10 Miles and $1,000

Hey y'all! This past Saturday I both ran 10 miles and raised $1000 to fight Leukemia and Lymphoma!! I actually have $1,070 posted and another $184 to post for a total of $1,254!! That means only $1,746 to go!!

Ok, so $1,746 is a lot, but $1,254 seemed like a lot too... One thing that will help is the Wine Tasting and Silent Auction that I have planned on September 16, 2010.

I have included my inviation below:

Enjoy a night of food, fun, wine and a chance to support a great cause!

On September 16, I am hosting a Wine Tasting and Silent Auction to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. We will be serving food, have live music, door prizes and of course, Wine! If wine is not your thing, WineStyles also offers a selection of beer and Sangria.

Silent Auction items include Spurs Tickets, Teeth Whitening courtesy of Dr. Goss, DDS, Mary K...ay 'Pamper Me' Gift Basket, Hand-Crafted jewelry, Wine Basket, 30 Minute Massage and much more!

The cost is $25.00 per person if purchased in advanced or $30.00 at the door. **Also, if you bring five(5) people with you, your ticket will be free!

You can purchase online through my PayPal Account or you can pay me directly. All proceeds benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Please click on the "Donate" button in the top right corner to purchase your ticket for the Wine Tasting.

I am hoping for at least 60-70 people, so please, bring a friend!!

So running ten miles was very exciting and painful...I did pretty well until mile 8 and then I started to get stiff. The last mile was not fun at all but I pushed through it because I knew I was almost done! When I got home, I took an ice bath, stretched deeply and rested. I actually wasn't very sore on Sunday. Anyway, I am running 12 miles this Saturday, so wish me luck!!

Till Next Time,

Julia


Training Log for Week Nine:

  • Mon, August 2: Ran 2.62 miles at the Phil Hardberger park in 34 minutes (13 min/mile)
  • Wed, August 4: Walked 2.24 miles at Brackenridge Park in 35 minutes (15 min/mile)
  • Thurs, August 5: Ran 4.51 miles at Shavano Park in 1 hour and 8 minutes (15 min/mile).
  • Sat: August 7: Ran 10.29 miles though La Cantera. Finished in 2 Hours and 25 minutes (14 min/mile).

This is me after running 10 miles :-)


1 comment:

  1. Julia, I am sooooo proud of you! You've come a long way, baby! And you're going even farther. It's awesome to see what God is doing in your life! What an inspiration. Keep up the good work, my friend! :) I wish I could congratulate you in person, but I'm glad I can see your blog. Thanks so much for the update!

    ReplyDelete