Welcome to my Blog!

Please follow my blog to track my progress as I train with Team in Training to run in the San Antonio Rock and Roll half marathon while fundraising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! My goal is to raise $3000 by October 29, 2010.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vital Stats of an Athlete

I made up for last week's laziness! I ran on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Ok, I did do my fair share of walking, but still - I got a lot of work outs in :-)
The best part of my week; however, was that I saw my doctor on Wednesday and he checked my blood pressure, heart rate, etc. He said that everything looked great and he even said that I have the "vital stats of an athlete."

I was so overjoyed - it was amazing. He also said that I have Plantar Fasciitis and Knee inflammation. Plantar Faciitis is basically when the plantar (in the heel) splits. It is very painful especially in the mornings and after you've been sitting for a while. Mine isn't so terrible so my doc said I should keep on training but he gave me stretches to do and told me to get knew shoes soon. I also need to get into the habit of icing my knees after I run to reduce the inflammation.

Anyway, I was so excited that I have reached this new point in my life where I can truly call myself a runner! Oh, and speaking of being a runner, I ran in the San Antonio Road Runner's Zoo Fun Run and I won first place in my division! Ok, so what if my division was just one person...I ran and I won... :-p

On Saturday, I skipped the Team in Training practice and instead went to Fredericksberg with my friends to run at the Enchanted Rock. We ran about 5 miles around the rock and then climbed up the rock. It was hard and grueling. About half way up the rock, I wanted to quit and turn back but Byron, in my run group did not let me. He encouraged me and motivated me and somehow, got me to the top of the rock. Once there it was so beautiful. Breathtaking views of the Texas Hill Country. Then we climbed down, which was easier but very scary as it seemed like if you missed a step, you'd plummet to your death - ah, well, I survived.


Anyway, I am about to go to Chilis for my first Fundraiser. They are donating 10% of our bill to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I hope to have a good turn out. Wish me luck!

Till Next Time,

Julia


Training Log for Week Five:

  • Mon, July 5: Ran 4.7 miles at Phil Hardberger Park in 1 hour and 7 minutes (14 min/mile)
  • Tue, July 6: Walked 2.9 miles at the Riverwalk in 46 minutes (16 min/mile)
  • Wed: July 7: Ran 2 miles In the SARR Zoo Fun Run and won 1st place in my division. Did the run in 27 minutes (13.5 min/mile)
  • Thurs, July 8: Walked 2.51 miles at Eisenhower Park in 46 minutes (18 min/mile)
  • Sat: July 10: Ran 5.8 miles at the Enchanted Rock. Finished in 1 Hour and 25 minutes (14 min/mile).

1 comment:

  1. you are for sure an athelete! congrats on winning 1st place on your division!

    we missed you on sat but hope you had fun at enchanted rock!

    hope you did well on your chili's fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete