Welcome to my Blog!

Please follow my blog to track my progress as I train with Team in Training to run in the San Antonio Rock and Roll half marathon while fundraising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! My goal is to raise $3000 by October 29, 2010.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Swiming or Running?

Well, this week was a bit different. So before it was so hot that the evening runs were just crazy hot....but this week we got rain all week. Which is weird because generally by this time of year in Texas we are a drought and having city-wide water restrictions.

I suppose it may be due to the hurricane that was heading this way, but we had a lot of rain this week....and I ran in most of it on Monday. It started out like any other day - hot. I arrived to the trail and it was still just another hot day and then, right before we started to run, it started to sprinkle. Right as we started to run, it began pouring and then it was a torrential downpour the rest of the way.

The water poured down so fast and intensely, I could barely see in front of me; actually, in many ways it felt like swimming....except that I was running. The one awesome thing was that I ran really well. I managed to keep a good pace for a longer period of time. I think that was due to the fact that I wasn't melting beneath my skin - I was actually very cold and ran the heater on the way home.

The worst part; however, was that my phone got soaked and would not work. I was very worried about that especially since I had to pick up my grandma from the airport at 10:30pm. Luckily, it all worked out. I was able to pick up my granny without any problems and I got my phone working again by blowdrying it and then letting it sit overnight.

After Monday, I was exhausted. I could not muster the strength or the energy to go running again and it seemed that no matter how much sleep I got, I did not feel rested. I did not run again until Saturday. I so did not want to wake up at 5am to go running, but I knew that I had too. I mean, I am training for a marathon and I can't train very well if I only run one time.

The Saturday run was very difficult for me. We only did four miles, but I was still so tired and had a hard time finding the strength to run. But I did it and was happy to go home to enjoy a nice long bath.

I am at $230 on my online donations. I still have checks and cash that I need to turn into the society. I will mail that in this week, which should bring me to about $420. I need to be at $500 by August 11, so I am hoping I will make it.

I am having a dinner at Chili's on Sunday, July 11 from 4-10pm. I am hoping for a nice turn out, but we will see.

Anyway, hope you are all having a great week. Take care.

Julia

Training Log for Week Four:
  • Mon, Jun 28: Ran 3 miles at Phil Hardberger Park (n the pouring rain) in 40 minutes (13 min/mile)
  • Sat: Jul 3: Ran 4 miles starting at Mission San Jose. Finished in 1 hour (15 min/mile).


1 comment:

  1. Do you know what swimming pool coping is and what it does for your swimming pool? If you don't know, you need to immediately find a qualified swimming pool remodeler and ask him or her to explain it to you. Simply put, the pool coping is the edging that surrounds your swimming pool and really pulls the look together. swimming pool builder

    ReplyDelete